The Friends of the South Windsor Bark Park is a grass-roots effort established by a group of South Windsor residents interested in supporting the establishment of an off leash dog park in South Windsor. Our mission is to establish, support and assist in the ongoing maintenance of a fenced in, off-leash dog park where well behaved canine citizens can exercise in a clean, safe environment without endangering property, wildlife, or fellow citizens.
We hope to uphold a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who are willing to uphold the parks rules and regulations. We view this park as a community project, in partnership with the Town of South Windsor, designed to satisfy the needs of dog owners and non-dog owners alike.
Our vision is to continuously promote the positive role that canines play within our society.
• Fundraising activities and events to support education related to the benefits of dog parks and the need for possibly more dog parks in South Windsor
• Welcome and educate new "dog parkers" on the benefits of dog parks
• Promote responsible dog ownership and reduce the likelihood that dogs will be off-leash in other areas of the park
• Continue to add to the beautification of the Park by adding additional benches, seasonal landscaping and doggy playscapes
• Monitor and report conditions of the South Windsor Bark Park to appropriate town officials
These guidelines will help ensure that our dog park remains safe and clean. Keep in mind this is a dog park and was created for dogs.Use at your own risk.
The Bark Park is open from sunrise until sunset.
Keeping the Park Clean
The park is maintained by volunteers so we kindly ask that you take out what you take in and help out with keeping the park clean during your visit.
Rules & Requirements
• Dogs must display a valid license and up-to-date rabies vaccinations.
• Dogs must be leashed when entering/exiting the dog park.
• Dog owners must carry a leash and have their dog within view and voice control.
• No smoking or glass containers are allowed in the dog park.
• No rawhide or food (people/animal) is allowed in the dog park, as dog fights may result.
• No dogs showing aggression towards other dogs or people can enter the park.
• Owners must pick up after their dogs.
• No female dogs in heat are allowed.
• No toddlers or small children are allowed in the dog run area.
• No puppies under 5 months are allowed. Puppies are not fully vaccinated and are vulnerable to disease and injury.
• Please remove pinch (prong) collars and spike collars from dogs before entering the park. Other dogs can be injured while playing.
|Facility Type||Nevers Park|
|Address Line One||150 Nevers Road|
|Address Line Two|
|City, State, Zip Code||South Windsor, CT 06074|